Hiring a marquee is for most people is an unfamiliar experience. Below, we attempt to help you answer some basic questions about marquees that we hope will help you decide if a marquee is the right option for you.
How much does it cost to hire a marquee?
The prices on our marquees range from £250 to over £5000. These prices include flooring, standard lighting, delivery and set up. The size, marquee lining and furniture will need to be factored on top. Unfortunately, working out how much your marquee will cost isn't totally straightforward.
One simple way to get an idea of the price is to use the fact that a marquee typically costs between £15 and £50 per person. The lower price is for a basic unlined marquee with flooring and simple lighting and furniture. The higher price would be for the marquee with absolutely everything - hard floor, carpet, night sky throughout, expensive furniture, chill out areas, sophisticated lighting effects etc. Most marquees fall within the £20 to £30 bracket.
So pick a number that seems about right for the sort of marquee you want and then multiply that by the number of guests you expect. That will give you a rough idea of the cost of a marquee.
Another method is to work out how big a marquee you need (see next question) and then contact us for some prices, we are always happy to help! You will then need to add furniture and accessories on top. For an accurate price, please feel free to contact us.
How big a marquee do I need?
The answer depends on a number of factors:
- How many guests you are expecting
- Any extras - typically dance floors or tables to serve food
- Whether you would like extra space for milling about
Armed with these facts, you can work out your space requirements in a number of ways:
- For a buffet event you will need a minimum of 8 square feet per person
- For a seated event you will need a minimum of 15 square feet per person
- Then you will need to add on space for extras like dance floors
Or please contact us for an accurate assessment. We are always happy to help.
How does the marquee hire process work?
Hiring a marquee from our company is simple.
- If you would like one, we offer free no-obligation site visits where we will inspect and measure your site, and offer suggestions to help achieve the type of marquee, size, layout, and look that you want.
- We send you a quote.
- Following a confirmed booking, we will contact you a month before the event to arrange dates for putting up and taking down. Normally, we put up a marquee a few days before your event, and dismantle it a few days after. But we can fit in with your arrangements.
- We put up the marquee. If the marquee is at your home, we will interfere with your house and life as little as access to the site allows. How long put-up takes depends on the size of the marquee. In most cases, it will take less than a day. Larger marquees may take two days or even more.
- After the event, we take down the marquee and ensure that the site is left clean and tidy. Typically, this will take less than a day.
Will you make a mess of my garden?
We could just say no. But instead we ask you to please check out our testimonials where you can see the praise lavished on our team for the quality of service they offer.
We have a fantastic team of trained marquee erectors who all know how important it is to leave a site clean and tidy. You can be assured that wherever we go, we will not leave a mess.
What sort of marquee do I need?
Eventco Marquees supplies two main types of marquees:
- Frame marquees: rectangular shaped tents that need no extra space around them so they are good for smaller spaces and as an extension to a building. They can also be combined for flexible space planning. Frame marquees have no inner poles.
- Unless you decide to join two together for example a 9m x 21m making it into 18m x 21m, then you will have a row of posts down the middle, however these can give some character to the marquee when they are dressed with material and twinkle lights.
- The second is an Oriental hat (Square pointed roof marquee) which is suitable for smaller garden parties where room is limited, drinks receptions or an entrance porch into a larger marquee.
If you still have any questions unanswered no matter how trivial please contact us where we will be glad to help.